Thursday 3 February 2011

What more may I say?


What more may I say? First, although the results have been somewhat residual, I am happy for having done this work. Statistically, we can find strong correlations and significance.

Have a look at two correlation tables and check. The more Authentizotic, the greater the Self-Efficacy perception. In a lower intensity, the same happens with stress levels.

Before finishing this overview, time to tell about some troubles I faced during this study, possibly with direct implications on the results.

1 - An interruption of PGISP's project has made me stand still, waiting for permission to apply my inquiries. This interruption happened under government orders and eventually had some consequences with regards to prison staff.
2 - Meanwhile, as I mentioned before, one unit has been extinguished, Castelo Branco Regional. So the number of Pilot units came to four, against five Control units.
3 - The large number of applied inquiries made people got tired. 45 minutes seems to be plenty of time.
4 - My inquiry had questions about climate and leadership, also PGISP inquiries, although different. This kind of repetition confused people by making them suspicious.
5 - Meetings. When I went to Alcoentre and Leiria units, there were staff meetings that prevented many employees from filling the inquiries.
6 – At last, Portuguese government made some changes that affected all the public administration, with regards to retirements, bonus, etc. This situation brought a lot of dissatisfaction at prisons staff.

And that's all. As I have told you before, this is a small overview of this work. If you would like to check any table you have to return to 4master, Portuguese version.

Thank you for your care, feel free to comment or to email me ruacas@gmail.com